A little sore...and upset...as letting Eid -il Adha a secondary @ side event in the diary of the country... ~ less holidays than Eid ul Fitr... ~ having an important exam in the tertiary level of education...meaning students wont be able to celebrate it with their parents as the need to put priorities to study!..not unless he/she stays nearby the Univercity... ~ not much effort to make it be understood as one great event in Islam...by the government...( salute to Kelantan and Terengganu people) thus... many do not bother to celebrate at all...Uwaahhh
~*~ to my dear son, Muhammad Afiq... be patient...ibu abah will always pray for your success! Eid- Mubarak everyone...
His commencement address atStanfordin 2005, that ends with the infamous admonition "Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish."
In that address, delivered after Mr. Jobs was told he had cancer, Mr. Jobs told his audience that “death is very likely thesingle best inventionof life. It is life’s change agent.” The benefit of death, he said, is you knownot to waste life living someone else’s choices.
"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinkingyou have something to lose,"Mr. Jobs said.
Furthermore, the man's intention of getting someone to publish a book about himself,“I wanted my kids to know me.”
“I wasn’t always there for them, and I wanted them to know why and to understand what I did.”
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life," he said, sounding as if the very thought of living someone else's life infuriated him. "Don't be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
another event Steve quoted;
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful … that's what matters to me."
12 Things to Avoid during Ramadan
1. Dont sleep during the day and pray all night. By doing this you are converting the day into night and the night into day, which is not the purpose of fasting.
2. Avoid being lazy and inactive during the day.
3. Dont waste time playing games during the day. Rather, please Allah by increasing in your worship of him..
4. Avoid having Iftar parties. Ramadan wasnt meant to be a food extravaganza.
5. Dont ask your wife to spend Ramadan in the Kitchen. Eat something light and quick - she isnt Biryani woman.
6. Spend the last 10 days worshipping Allah rather than trying to prepare for Eid! A day that is better than a thousand months is in these last 10 days. You can't afford to miss this.
7. Dont stay awake the full night. Your body has a right over you, and when it wants rest, then rest.
8. Avoid excessive socialising after Taraweeh
9. Avoid shopping a lot in Ramadhaan.
10. Dont eat the full night.
11. Dont loiter around at night rather than worshipping Allah.
12. Eid doesnt require loads of preparation. Dont fall into this trap! Keep it simple, and it will be blessed.
Let us pray that Allah accepts our 'amal ibadah'... Salam ramadan